The resources used in preparing posts are many. I have categorised the most used below for you.
Plane Spotting Resources
This website is the first place I head to for anything plane related. What ever you are looking for you will find it. The site has plane information, plane photos, airliners information, multiple forums, articles and news.
In the unlikely event that you cannot find what you are looking for the following sites are also very helpful.
- Air Britain – There is a large catalogue of photos and links to many websites
- Plane Spotters – Aviation Photos, Airline Fleets & more – Just Aviation
- Jet Photos – European version of airliners.net
Aircraft Registration Resources
When searching for an aircraft’s history the following sites can offer the information you are looking for. The data can include the owners, operators, aircraft type, serial numbers, engine types, previous operators and registrations details, etc………
Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning ii Resources
The key resources I have used to date are noted below.
- Australia Department of Defence White Papers
- Australian National Audit Office
- Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning Website
- Royal Australian Air Force
- US Department of Defence F-35 Program Website
Aviation Safety Resources
- Aircraft Safety Network Provides up-to-date information on airliner accidents and safety issues. It has an extensive database complete with accident statistics.
- Australian Transport Safety Board – Australia’s national transport safety investigator. The ATSB’s function is to improve safety and public confidence in the aviation, marine and rail modes of transport.
- National Transport Safety Board – US Transport Safety Investigator.
I had enjoyed aviation by myself for a long time. Discovering the existence of aviation communities through these podcasts inspired me to create my little blog and share my thoughts on aviation with others.
There are many great aviation podcasts out there and I recommend you search for your favourite. For me, the three podcasts below are my favourites and I do not miss an episode.
Air Plane Geeks – from the USA
Xtended Podcast – from England
- Plane Crazy Down Under Podcast from Australia
- Coming Soon